Healing Girl Summer: A Body Image Group for Teen Girls
An in person AND virtual group highlighting prevention & proactivity being key to helping teens develop kindness and compassion towards themselves, instilling the belief that all bodies are worthy bodies, and learning tools to navigate the difficult feelings that come with body image struggles.
Virtual weekly on Mondays @ 11 a.m In person weekly on Mondays @ 5:00 p.m
Before the pandemic, research showed up to 57% of teenage girls engage in unhealthy weight control behaviors. These are early signs of an eating disorder developing that are often overseen by adults. This number is increasing as you continue to read.
This group may benefit you if you ...
- You feel anxious when eating around others, trying on clothes, or when others are more likely to notice your appearance/body
- You frequently check mirrors or photos of yourself and focus on the changes of specific body parts
- You find yourself thinking about how others perceive your body or general attractiveness while in social situations
- You don’t agree with beauty ideals set forth by society, but have trouble applying that to how you feel about yourself
- If you could wave a magic wand, one of the first things you would do is change something about your appearance
Facilitated by Kristy Mathews, LPC and Victoria Porter, LAC. Facilitators are both trained in the Health-At-Every-Size model and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), along with lived experience as women in the era of social media and diet culture.
Begin Your Healing Journey
We are in network with most major insurances.