Children’s DBT-Informed Skills Group
A therapeutic group for children that teaches skill building relating to identifying & naming feelings and emotions, managing stress and difficult situations, working through "big" emotions, and communicating with others.
Meet Emily Acosta, MS, LAC, NCC
Tuesdays (in person)
Ages 6-8 years: 5:00-6:00pm
Ages 9-12 years: 6:00-7:00pm
May be perfect for children who:
- Have trouble getting along with others
- Find it difficult to control their emotions
- Exhibit impulsive behaviors
- Have difficulty maintaining peer relationships
This 8-week group is ongoing and accepts new members on week 1 & 5.
- Week 1: Mindfulness
- Week 2: Mindfulness/distress tolerance
- Week 3: Distress tolerance
- Week 4: Parent session - VIRTUAL
- Week 5: Emotion regulation
- Week 6: Emotion regulation / interpersonal effectiveness
- Week 7: Interpersonal effectiveness
- Week 8: Parent session - VIRTUAL
Begin Your Healing Journey
We are in network with most major insurances.