Adult Body Image Group
A virtual health-at-every-size informed therapy group for those struggling with body image, yearning to explore how research dismantles all that we have been taught to believe about diet culture and “health.”
Meet Jess Brock-Pitts, MSW, LCSW, LCADC, ACE CPT/GFI
This group is not actively accepting new clients. Please contact our admin team to be placed on the waitlist! 732-852-7750
Virtual on Thursdays @ 7:00 p.m.
Our society places emphasis on body image & wanting to achieve the "ideal body type".
Research demonstrates that up to 70% of women and 30% of men feel unhappy with their body.
This group is suitable for adults who:
- Struggle with body image or self-esteem
- Compare themselves to others
- Anxiety related to appearance
- Relationship with food such as restriction, binge eating, or emotional eating
- Discuss factors that contribute to body image
- Understand misconceptions relating to diet culture and body image
- Learn how to accept ourselves and heal our relationship with food
- Cultivate self-acceptance and define 'self love' as it relates to body image, disordered eating, and self confidence
- Re-define "health" through the lens of the Health-At-Every-Size (HAES) model
Begin Your Healing Journey
We are in network with most major insurances.